Being a website owner means that you need to understand your audience. Who's visiting your website, where do they come from, which browser did they use and what are their favourite pages? Google Analytics has the power to show you this information and so much more. The best part? It's FREE! In our opinion, every website should have Google Analytics.
Let's help you install Analytics for your WordPress website.
- Create a Google Analytics account from the Google Analytics Signup Page. If you already have a Google or Gmail account you can use that to sign-in.
- Click 'Sign Up' from the menu provided.
- Now, select the option for 'website' and not 'Mobile App'.
- Enter an Account Name, website URL, country and timezone.
- Take note of your Google Analytics tracking code.
You now need to login to the Dashboard of your WordPress website.
- The easiest way to accomplish this portion is to install the MonsterInsights plugin.
- After this you will have a new section in your menu. Navigate to Insights>Settings.
- Enter the Google Analytics Tracking Code where it says 'Manually Enter Your UA Code'
To start viewing your Analytics reports, go to the Analytics account.
You will see the built-in Google Analytics reports in the left column.
- The Audience tab will show reports about your users.
- The Acquisition report shows how they got there.
- Behavior reports will show what your users do after they arrive on your site.
- Conversion reports will measure your performance on predefined goals.