If you would like your website redirected to an external IP address or service provider, you would need the DNS updated. Please note all external information has to be supplied to you by the external provider.
All DNS changes are done through the WSP control Panel. Should you not have access to your control panel, please see the URL link provided in your welcome mailer, or access the WSP control panel through your Customer Zone.
Once you have logged into the WSP control panel, navigate to your “Space Home” as seen in the first image below.
Please follow the steps provided below.
- Click on “Domains” found within the “Hosting Space Menu” on the left side of your screen.
- Select the domain name you wish to edit.
- Click on “Edit DNS zone records”.
- Please select the pencil icon on the left side of the window to edit where your website points. You should be editing the A (Type) record that doesn’t have any value in the “Name” section.
- Update the “IP” field with the IP address provided to you by your website provider.
- Please note that the changing of DNS entries will require a propagation timeframe of roughly 4 – 24 hours to filter through the internet. Thereafter changes will be publically viewable.