Before transferring your domain, it is very important that you check the following:
- If you have a website, ensure that either you or your web designer has obtained a copy of the site, along with the database.
- Ensure that you have an up-to-date list of all e-mail accounts and passwords linked to your domain.
- Confirm whether there are any specific DNS records which need to be included.
- Once you have confirmed the above, it will be safe to initiate the transfer. You will need to ensure that the above services are added to your 1-grid account prior to the authorisation of the transfer in order to avoid any downtime.
The following steps will assist you in transferring your domain.
1. You will first need to register an account with 1-grid. This can be done from our home page.
2. Once done, log in to your Customer Area.
3. Click on domains and then transfer domains to us.
4. Enter your domain name in the search bar and click search.
5. Click on transfer next to your domain name.
6. Now click on go to cart.
7. You are now able to add your hosting account should you require it along with other services that you need.
8. If you have customer name servers, now is the time to add it.
9. Click continue.
10. Please review your order and double check your contact details.
11. You will be requested to select your payment method.
12. Don’t forget to read the terms and conditions. Once done, you may agree when ready and then checkout.
13. Whoo–hoo that’s it, you will now be shown this screen.
14. You will now receive an email from 1-grid to state that we have received the transfer request and it has been initiated.
15. You will thereafter receive an email from ZACR CO.ZA which will contain a request for you to accept the transfer request that was initiated.
16. Once accepted, the domain will be transferred to 1-grid. This takes place immediately after you accept the transfer.
Note: propagation will take up to 24 working hours.
17. You are now free to cancel any services you have with your previous hosting company.
Note: Don’t forget to setup your hosting and email with 1-grid, feel free to contact us should you need assistance with this.