An Authorization Code or EPP Key is an extra form of security that is used when transferring high-level domains e.g. .com, .net, etc. from one ISP to another. Please note, an Authorization Code or EPP Key is NOT required for a .co.uk domain.
As part of transferring a domain to us, you will need to supply the EPP code for the domain. This can also be referred to as the domain password or auth code, and provides us authority to move your domain over to us.
We've tried to keep a running list to help you out in obtaining but this is by no means an exhaustive list of all domain providers.
Any updates that other providers make to their websites may break theses steps. If you are unsure of how to get this information, contact your current provider. Also we'd love to know if any of this information has changed.
- Enter your domain name in the fields 'quickly manage this domain'
- Click 'General settings'
- Click 'Email Auth Code to Registrant'
- The Registrar will send the code to the admin contact within minutes. However, the return email address may be either Enom or the name of your registration service provider
- In the My Products section, click 'Domains'
- Click the domain for which you want to retrieve the authorization code
- In the Authorization Code field, click the 'Send by Email' hyperlink
- Click 'OK'
- Click 'OK' again
- Click on the 'Domain Extras' option
- You will retrieve the auth code from the 'Domain Authorization Information' option
- Login to your Network Solutions Account
- Click the 'Domains' left menu tab
- Click 'Manage Domain' Names
- Click the domain name that you want to manage
- In the Domain Protect row, click 'Turn Off and Request Authorization'
- Click the 'Off' radio button
- Click 'Save'