This quick guide will take you through the steps of updating your MX records within cPanel.
1. Log in to cPanel.
2. Click on “Zone Editor”.
3. Click on “Manage” next to the domain in question.
In this section you are able to add a new record and edit or delete existing records.
4. On the cPanel homepage please click on “Email Routing”.
5. You will have a few options to choose from but we only make use of two.
- Local Mail Exchanger – If we are your email provider.
- Remote Mail Exchanger – If the email is being hosted outside of our network. Even if the mail provider resides within South Africa you would still need to select this option.
6. Click on “Change” once you selected the correct routing option.