This quick guide will take you through the steps of potentially resolving a timeout error in Filezilla.
1) Open FileZilla.
2) Click on ‘Edit’ and select settings.
3) Then click on ‘Connection’. You can see the field ‘Timeout in seconds’, which will extend the duration where FileZilla will try to reconnect if there is any issues with connection. Then click on the ‘OK’ button.
Then try to access server via FTP. If the issue still persists. Please change the following settings.
1) Open Site Manger.
2) Click on ‘New Site’ button.
3) You need to change the Encryption to ‘Only use plain FTP (insecure)’ and Logon Type to ‘Normal’. Enter host address, user name and password and click the ‘Connect’ button.
4) Proceed according to the message, you may need to enter the passwords again, enter it.
This will solve your timeout error on your FileZilla and will connect to the FTP server without any issues.