This quick guide will take you through the steps of managing your WordPress plugins.
Step 1 - Login to your WordPress
- Login with your WordPress admin login details created upon installation.
Step 2 - Click on Plugins
Step 3 - Tick the relevant Plugin and update it's status
- Activate - enable the plugin
- Deactivate - disable the plugin
- Delete - Completely delete the plugin from your WordPress
Disabling plugins via cPanel File manager
Step 1- Login to cPanel
- Please see our article on logging into cPanel here.
Step 2 - Click on File Manager under your Files section.
Step 3 - In you website directory go to wp-content > plugins
- Rename the relevant plugin to something like old_askimet for example.
- To active the plugin again just rename it back to the original folder name.
- Click Rename File to save changes.