Make sure to let your new site host know you need to point your domain to them withoutchanging name servers as this is not possible with a Wix domain. If you're required to change the name servers, you'll need to transfer your domain away from Wix to connect it.
To connect your domain to an external site:
- Go to My Domains in your Wix account.
Note: If you have more than one domain in your account, select the relevant domain.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click Edit DNS.
- Delete or update your CNAME records
- Click the red X icon next to a CNAME record to delete it.
- Click the Points to field and edit the web address to update a CNAME record.
- Click the red X icon next to your A record to delete it.
- Click the Points to field and edit the IP address to update your A record.