This article provides you with steps to update your domain's nameservers to point to Office 365
This article applies to to you if :
You have your own domain and want to set it up to work with Office 365.
You want Office 365 to manage your DNS records for you. (If you prefer, you can manage your own DNS records.)
Add a TXT or MX record for verification
- Typically it takes about 15 minutes for DNS changes to take effect.
- However, it can occasionally take longer for a change you've made to update across the Internet's DNS system.
- If you're having trouble with mail flow or other issues after adding DNS records, see Troubleshoot issues after changing your domain name or DNS records.
Change your domain's nameserver (NS) records
- When you get to the last step of the domains setup wizard in Office 365, you have one task remaining.
- To set up your domain with Office 365 services, like email, you change your domain's nameserver (or NS) records at your domain registrar to point to the Office 365 primary and secondary nameservers.
- Then, because Office 365 hosts your DNS, the required DNS records for your services are set up automatically for you.
- You can update the nameserver records yourself by following the steps your domain registrar may provide in the help content at their website.
- If you're not familiar with DNS, contact support at the domain registrar.
To change your domain's nameservers at your domain registrar's website yourself, follow these steps:
Find the area on the domain registrar's website where you can edit the nameservers for your domain.
To update this via your customer zone with 1-grid please follow steps provided here.
- You should use at least two nameserver records.
- If there are any other nameservers listed, you can either delete them, or change them to ns3.bdm.microsoftonline.com and ns4.bdm.microsoftonline.com.
INFO: When you change your domain's NS records to point to the Office 365 nameservers, all the services that are currently associated with your domain are affected.Your nameserver record updates may take several hours to update across the Internet's DNS system. Please see link to video here on how to connect your domain.