Create a Certificate Snap-in
- First, click on start button and open run window.
- Type MMC (Microsoft Management Console) and click OK.
- You will have the mmc screen, click on File in the menu bar and select Add/Remove Snap-in.
- Now, select Certificates in Add/Remove Snap-in and click Add tab.
- Select Computer Account and click Next button.
- Select Local Computer and click on Finish button.
- In the Snap-ins list window, click Close.
- In the Add/Remove Snap-in window, click OK
- Save these settings for future.
Install the Intermediate CA certificate
- Now, from the left panel, Right click on Intermediate Certificate Authorities
- Click on All Tasks > Import
- In the certificate import window, click Next button.
- Browse Intermediate certificate and click Next button.
- Select Place all certificates in the following store and choose Intermediate Certification Authorities from Select Certificate Store window.
- In the Certificate Import Wizard window, click Next button.
- Click Finish, Click OK
- Close the MMC window, and then click No to remove the MMC console settings.
Install SSL certificate on MS Exchange 2013 / 2016
After installing intermediate SSL certificate on MS exchange server 2013 / 2016, you need to install primary SSL certificate on the server for which you can follow below procedure.
- Now, access Exchange Admin Center and use domain/username and password to log-in.
- On the left side of the server screen, click on Servers and then click on Certificates tab on top of the right side.
- You will have a certificate with friendly name, select the certificate (showing pending request) and click on Complete on the right side column.
- In next screen, enter the network path of your located certificate and click on OK.
- Now, enable the certificate by going back to the certificate section of the Exchange Admin, click on the editbutton for highlighted certificate.
- You will have a screen where you have to click on Services tab on the left side, it will give you options of different services that you wish to enable. Click on save button.
- Your SSL certificate is finally installed and ready to use.