This article provides you with information on how to restore a Mysql backup using cPanel built in utility.
Step 1- Login to cPanel
- Please see our article on logging into cPanel here.
Step 2- Click on Backup
Step 3- Click on Relevant MySQL backup to download it
- Locate your database under a list of databases on the next screen. You will find this slightly above the bottom of the screen. Just click the database that you want to backup as shown below:
- The backup will download to your Downloads folder on you local computer.
Step 4 - Restore your MySQL backup
- To restore your MySQL database, find the title, ‘Restore a MySQL Database Backup’ under ‘Account Backups’, then click ‘Choose File’ and ‘Upload’ as shown below
- Your database will be successfully restored if there were no errors: