This article provides you wit h information on how to set access permissions in Plesk.
- locate the file or directory for which you want to set access permissions, and click the arrow in the corresponding row.
- Click Change Permissions in the drop-down menu.
- To make the file or folder inherit permissions from a parent folder (if it does not), select the checkbox Allow inheritable permissions from the parent to propagate to this object and all child objects. Include these with entries explicitly defined here.
- To make the files and folders, which are contained in this folder, inherit the folder permissions you define, select the checkbox Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects.
- To change or remove permissions from a group or a user, click the required name in the Group or user names list. If the group or user is not listed in the Group or user names list, select the required user or group name from the menu located above the list and click : the user/group appears in the list. Select it.
- To allow or deny permissions to a selected group/user, select the Allow or Deny checkboxes corresponding to permissions listed under Permissions for <user/group name>. If the checkboxes in the Allow or Deny columns are shown in grey, it means that the corresponding permissions are inherited from a parent folder.
- To deny the permissions, which are inherited from a parent object as allowed, select the required checkboxes under Deny. This will override inherited permissions for this file/folder.
- To allow the permissions, which are inherited from a parent object as denied, clear the Allow inheritable permissions from the parent to propagate to this object and all child objects. Include these with entries explicitly defined here checkbox: this removes the inherited permissions. Then select the required checkboxes under Allow and Deny.
- To remove access permissions from a group or user, select the required name in the Group or user names list and click the icon next to it.