This article provides you with information regarding the common error "Your IP has changed" via cPanel.
What causes this error ?
If you are getting error like the one below when trying to access cPanel or your Webmail (on cPanel accounts), you most likely are using Internet provider which is providing you with dynamic IP address or with very quickly changing IP address.
This is more common on mobile Internet connections but it can happen also on desktop computers with short IP leases (NOTE: The restriction (error you see) is a default security from cPanel, which prevents your account from being hijacked.)
How to Fix this error?
- If you have a mobile connection like LTE you can also try and set your APN to unrestricted as per this article.
- In order to go around this issue, without asking your ISP to give you a static IP or without going through VPN/Proxy, please use the following alternative links for your cPanel, and Webmail:
- cPanel access - https://server_name:2083/ - where you need to replace server_name with the name of the server on which your account has been activated
- Webmail - https://server_name:2096/ - where you need to replace server_name with the name of the server on which your account has been activated
Other things to check which might be causing this error:
- The date on your computer is set incorrectly or in the future causing the session to expire
- Having a software/plugin/setting that blocks third party cookies aggressively (things like anti-virus software)
- Your browser is not set to accept cookies (browser settings)
- You have some sort of proxy service/ firewall configured (service like sucuri/ cloudflare services might need to be bypassed.)
- Your IP is dynamically changing (typically office network set up/ Short IP leases to modem/router)
TIP: If you go through all of the above steps and checks and you are still experiencing issues, please check with your ISP provider and see if they can give you IPs that do not expire so quickly or provide you with a temporary static IP