This article provides you with steps to repair your Outlook data file.
In the case that you're using an email account using IMAP or POP settings, to fix problems with a .pst file, close the Outlook application, and then use these steps:
- Use the Windows key + R to open the Run command.
- Type the following path and click the OK button: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16"
Quick Note: The above path applies to Office 2016, Office 2019, and Office 365. If you're running Outlook 2013, use this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15. In the case that you have an older version of the app, change "Office15" in the path to "Office14" for Outlook 2010, or to "Office13" for Outlook 2007 in the path.
- Double-click the SCANPST.EXE file to open the Microsoft Outlook Inbox Repair experience.
- Click the Browse button.
- Locate the .pst file you want to repair.
- Click the Open button.
- Click the Start button.
- Check the Make a backup of scanned file before repairing option (just in case).
- Click the Repair button.
After completing the steps, the Microsoft Outlook Inbox Repair Tool will scan and repair the .pst file for the email account with problems. Once the repair completes, you can launch Outlook, and the issues with the account should now be resolved.